Crown Cleaning Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce.
The purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all job applicants and employees and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
Crown Cleaning Services Ltd is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All full-time and part-time employees and job applicants (actual or potential) will be treated fairly and selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability.
Our Equal Opportunities Policy will help all employees to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation. We are committed to:
- Promoting a good and harmonious working environment in which all persons are treated with respect and dignity.
- Preventing any form of direct or indirect discrimination or victimisation.
- Promoting equal opportunities for women and men.
- Promoting equal opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Promoting equal opportunities for the beliefs of all individuals.
- Promoting equal opportunities for ethnic minorities.
- Promoting equal opportunities for people of different sexual orientation.
- Promoting a good and harmonious working environment where all men and women are treated with respect and dignity and in which no form of intimidation or harassment will be tolerated.
- Fulfilling all legal obligations under the relevant legislation and associated Codes of Practice.
- Taking any necessary positive/affirmative action.
Any act which contravenes the equal opportunities policy and practice will be regarded as gross misconduct and could lead to disciplinary action including dismissal being taken against an employee in breach of the procedure.
All line managers have responsibilities and it is expected that all employees abide by the policy and help create the equality environment which is its objective. It shall be the duty of all staff members to give effect to this policy. A copy of this policy shall be given to each existing staff member to read. Particular responsibilities relate to those involved in the selection and recruitment of staff and the operation of disciplinary and grievance procedures.
Employees who believe that they have suffered any form of discrimination, harassment or victimisation are entitled to raise the matter through the agreed procedures. All complaints of discrimination will be dealt with seriously, promptly and confidentially.
Every effort will be made to ensure that employees making complaints will not be victimised. Any complaint of victimisation will be dealt with seriously, promptly and confidentially. Victimisation will result in disciplinary action and may warrant dismissal.