The object of this Policy is to provide the framework around which we can promote an environmentally responsible approach to the provision of our cleaning services whereby a safe and healthy working environment can be developed.
As an employer we recognise that the nature of our business has potential to impact detrimentally on the environment, particularly where we use cleaning materials. Use of such materials is under our direct control, and it is our policy therefore to minimise the use of harmful products and to use environmentally friendly products and procedures wherever possible.
It is our policy to liaise and co-operate with our clients to ensure that cleaning services provided and requested are assessed for environmental impact. Where appropriate we will recommend and endeavour to have accepted cleaning and waste removal practice, which involves recycling.
Crown Cleaning Services Ltd recognises and accepts its obligations to ensure that the environment is not adversely affected by our activities. We are committed to non-harm in the environment and are open to processes or practices that might actually have a positive environmental effect.
We will take steps, so far as is reasonably practicable, to meet our environmental responsibilities, paying particular attention to:
• All our cleaning staff are trained in efficient, hygienic and environmentally sustainable cleaning practices. We ensure that they understand the hazards and care procedures associated with the specific chemicals that they use. In addition, any new information from internal research and development initiatives, is effectively communicated to all employees.
• We constantly research and review the products and equipment used, to ensure that they have a minimal environmental impact.
• Actively promote recycling both internally and with our customers and suppliers. Finding ideas and ways to make sure all our operations minimise usage of new packaging that create further waste. We actively seek new and latest technologies to limit landfill waste and create a cost effective and streamlined service through recycling certain packaging and waste.
• Safe arrangements for the use, handling and storage and transportation of equipment and materials, which might have an environmental impact.
• Provision of sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to enable our employees to contribute positively to environmental upkeep while working.
• Revise and review our processes and practices to incorporate any environmentally beneficial technology or materials.
• We will incorporate environmental issues in communication to all employees. We will encourage employees to bring environmental issues to the attention of management and/or colleagues.
• We ensure that our Trade Waste is disposed of in the correct manner. All chemicals are stored safely, labeled correctly and the correct dilution procedures are followed strictly
All employees are required to comply with this policy.